Masterwork Tools: Pathfinder Open Reference is an Android tablet and phone app that acts as a quick reference for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. The reference is a tool to give you searchable access to the full Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document.
- Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
- Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Advanced Player’s Guide
- Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Magic
- Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Combat
- Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: GameMastery Guide
- Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary
- Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary 2
- Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary 3
- Allows you to create bookmark collections. For example, you can bookmark certain passages that you want quick access to as a GM and create another collection for a specific character, giving you quick access to the rules that are important for running that character.
- Has 22,000 rule snippets allowing you to access over 14,000 discrete rule topics. Including: 718 Feats, 1266 Spells, 975 Monsters, 44 Classes and a ton more.
- Allows you to hone in the passages that matter for what’s going on in game now. Every title in every article is a link that lets you see/bookmark that section.
- Powerful and fast search lets you find the rule you need quickly.
In order to use it, it requires an Android tablet or phone. For tablets, it has been tested on the Transformer Prime, Motorola Xoom, Nook Color, Kindle Fire and the OG Galaxy Tab. For phones, it has been tested on the Galaxy Nexus. I have verified that it functions on Android 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 3.x and 4.x.
To install it, you will have to enable “Allow installation of non-Market apps” under settings. For the Nook Color/Kindle Fire, until I get it into the Barnes & Noble/Amazon market, you probably will be able to install it only on rooted devices.
Note: I do not have any IOS devices, nor do I have a Mac to code on to port this to the iPad/iPhone. It /is/ an open source project, so I would welcome someone who wanted to take this to those devices, but I don’t have the resources to do so.
No software is perfect. If you find a problem, please file a bug in the issue tracker. Likewise, if you have a feature request, please open up a ticket.
Masterwork Tools: Pathfinder Open Reference is available under the GNU GPL V2.
Community Use License
This application and website uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo’s Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This application and website is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo’s Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
Open Gaming License
This application uses content via the Open Gaming License (OGL). The applicable text of the OGL is available inside the the Application.